Choices Holiday Giveaway Sweepstakes
No purchase required to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- Sponsor: The Choices Holiday Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Pixelberry Studios, located at 201 San Antonio Circle #205 Mountain View, CA 94040 (“Sponsor”).
- Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to current players of the “Choices: Stories You Play” game run by Sponsor (as opposed to any other version of such game) (the “Game”) who: (a) are legal residents of any of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia; (b) are at least thirteen (13) years of age as of the start of the Promotion Period (defined below); and (c) have never been banned or suspended, or had an account banned or suspended, for hacking or similar violations of the Game license agreement(s) or Sponsor’s terms of service. Playing the Game is free, and can be accessed at http://www.pixelberrystudios.com. Any entrant that is under the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence must have their parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate in the Promotion, and must provide evidence of such permission to Sponsor in whatever form required if requested by Sponsor. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its affiliated companies, agents thereof, the immediate family of any such person (defined as parents, children, siblings and husband or wife), or those with whom such person(s) are domiciled, are not eligible to participate. The Promotion is void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Promotion constitutes the participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The Promotion begins on December 13, 2017 Pacific Time, at the time the Promotion is first announced on any of Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, or Instagram, and ends on December 18, 2017 at 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time (the “Promotion Period”). Submissions that are submitted before or after the Promotion Period will be disqualified. Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeping device for this Promotion. Entrants are responsible for calculating the difference in time zones.
- How to Participate: To participate in the Promotion, submit a Facebook comment on our official Facebook page, post on Tumblr, tweet on Twitter, or post on Instagram with all of the hashtags #HomeForTheHolidays (and, where specified on Tumblr, Twitter, or Instagram, #PlayChoices) and #Giveaway included, which must comply with the submission requirements stated herein. No other methods of entry will be accepted.
Limit one (1) entry per entrant. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, invalid, illegible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified/not counted (as applicable), or for any error or malfunction, whether human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion, such as using automated entry submission or generation software, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the account that is used to register for Sponsor’s online forums will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address that registered for the ID on Sponsor’s online forums.
- Winner Selection: After the Promotion Period has ended, the potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted at the address of Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: The potential winners will be notified after the date of selection at his/her email address listed in the entrant’s entry (or other means of communication as Sponsor may select). The potential prize winners may be asked to submit additional personal information in order to confirm eligibility and award the prize. Potential prize winners may also be asked to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility or Declaration of Compliance (as may be applicable given the location of the potential prize winner) unless this is prohibited by law. If the potential winners cannot be contacted, fails to respond to the notification within the required time period (if applicable), or fails to sign and return the Affidavit or Declaration within the required time period (if applicable), he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate potential winner to be chosen based upon the winner selection criteria described herein. The final winner(s) will be announced by Sponsor on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and Instagram no later than thirty (30) days after all winners have been confirmed and verified.
- Prizes: Three random winners will be selected on each social media platform. The prize will be 500 diamonds (in-game currency).
Odds of winning any prize depend on the number of eligible entries received in the Promotion. The approximate retail value of each prize is approximately $40 USD. In-game items are usable only within the Game. These items have no cash value. No cash or other substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor who may substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prize is not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. Winners are responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Winners will be responsible for payment and reporting of all applicable taxes associated with the receipt and usage of a prize. Sponsor may report the receipt of any prize to the appropriate federal, state, or local taxing agency(ies). Please allow at least thirty (30) days after winners have been confirmed and verified for the prizes to be reflected in the winners’ game accounts. Sponsor is not responsible for possible damages that could occur in shipping or delivery.
- Representations and Warranties: By participating in the Promotion, each entrant represents and warrants that: (i) the entrant has read and understood these Official Rules, and (ii) the entrant has complied and will comply at all times with these Official Rules in connection with the Promotion.
- Indemnification: By entering, entrants agree to defend, indemnify and otherwise hold Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies, and the agents, officers, directors, and employees of each (collectively the “Released Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or relating to (a) any technical errors that may prevent entrants from participating in any way; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (c) errors in the administration of the Promotion; and (d) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize, including any such claim by the Released Parties’ employees or any third parties. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, all entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Santa Clara County, California, United States of America. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes from among the submissions received up to the time of the impairment. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Promotion is void where prohibited.
© 2017 Pixelberry Studios. All rights reserved.